Monday, November 28, 2011

Chicago Heart

I saw on Roger Ebert's Twitter feed Maggie Daley recently passed away from breast cancer. I worked on a behind-the-scenes video for Dreaming Tree Films when I lived in Chicago on one of the schools involved in After School Matters. This is such a great program and contribution to the city, it really helps out talented kids that wouldn't have opportunities to think about extracurriculars like art, otherwise. I remember interviewing the kids involved, and my co-producer and I noticed some of them didn't have much, but with positive emotional support from their family, they were happy. And that's what matters anyway, right? A sentiment that speaks to the holiday season, but which Maggie Daley encompassed for the people of Chicago, not just her own family.

No comments: